- Are you able to project your 5-Star Quality Measures (QMs) rating prior to receiving the Preview Reports?
- Are you comfortable interpreting the 5-Star QMs?
- Do you understand the importance of the “numerator, denominator, exclusions, covariates, long stay vs. short stay?”
- Do you know which QMs have “covariates?”
- Do you know which QMs are Surveyor QMs?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, attend 5-Star QMs and Your Facility Seminar (read evaluations).
OBJECTIVES OF THIS SEMINAR:
- Interpret the 5-Star Quality Measures utilizing the MDS 3.0 Quality Measures User’s Manual, the RAI Manual and Supportive Documentation Guidelines.
- Replicate, analyze and summarize the process of the four options reviewed for all Quality Measures, not just those reviewed during this seminar.
- Determine which 5-Star Quality Measures the facility needs to target for improvement to the resident’s quality of life.
- Identify, explain and apply the appropriate relationship between numerator, denominator, exclusions and covariates.
- Project your 5-Star QMs rating prior to receiving the Preview Reports.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Administrators, Directors of Nursing, MDS Coordinators, Social Workers and Long Term Care professionals with a keen interest in the 5-Star Quality Measures and the Surveyor Quality Measures.
- Review of 5-Star Components
- Review of terminology
- Review of the 4 questions
- Review of intent of Quality Measures (QMs)
- Brief review of All QMs
- Detailed review of 5-Star QMs
- Detailed review of Surveyor QMs
- Detailed review of 5-Star QM Methodology
- Q/A session
COURSE HOURS: All times are local.
Registration 7:30 A.M. (continental breakfast)
Seminar begins at 8:00 A.M.
Lunch on your own (1.5 hrs)
Seminar concludes at 5 P.M.
Currently there are no scheduled dates. If you want to schedule a seminar for your organization, with CEUs, contact us.
PRESENTER: Melinda Cotton, BS, LSW, QIDP, and RAC-CT (3.0) has 29 years of healthcare experience from both the regulatory perspective (Medicaid Auditor for the State of Indiana) and the provider perspective (Director of Reimbursement, Reimbursement Specialist, Medicaid Reimbursement Specialist, and MDS Consultant providing Case Mix/CMI/MD/QM/Social Service expertise in several states). Ms. Cotton has extensive experience in reviewing and implementing positive change using the Quality Measures. Ms. Cotton graduated from Ball State University.
All registrants whose payment is processed more than five (5) business days prior to the training date will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrants will not receive a certificate until payment has been processed. If payment is not received ten (10) business days prior to the seminar, the certificate may not be presented at the seminar’s conclusion. If your payment is returned marked NSF, a processing fee will be charged as allowed by law.
- $175.00 (per person) (Early Group) Two or more registering at the same time and payment received 20 days prior to seminar date.
- $185.00 (Early Individual) Registration and payment received 20 days prior to seminar date.
- $215.00 (Regular) Individual registration
- $240.00 (Walk-in) Payment received at seminar. Credit card or cash payment only.
Administrators: This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 7.00 clock hours and 7.00 participant hours.
Licensed Social Workers: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886658942-2577) for 7 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
- Transfer registration to another person.
- Cancellations at least 10 business days before the event are refundable less a $25.00 administrative charge per registrant. There is no refund for cancellations received later.