- Are you aware of the relationship between what you code and areas of the QMs which are triggered?
- Are you certain when a QIDP may be required for your facility?
- Do you know the intended purposes of Quality Measures?
- As a LTC Social Worker, do you factor into any of the “exclusions”? Do you know what exclusions are?
- As a LTC Social Worker, do you factor into any of the “covariates”? Do you know what covariates are?
- Do you know how to read and interpret the triggered areas?
- Are you comfortable with your documentation regarding interviews?
If you answered NO to any of these questions, attend:
The LTC Social Worker and Quality Measures, Interviews, ID/DD and MI Residents (read evaluations)
OBJECTIVES OF THIS SEMINAR:
- Interpret the relationship between Social Service elements coded on the MDS and QM triggered elements.
- Evaluate when a Qualified Intellectual Disabilities Professional (QIDP) is necessary for the facility.
- Assist in developing plans to improve the quality of the resident’s stay at the facility.
- Recognize the differences between documentation requirements of resident interviews and the documentation requirements of staff interviews to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Social Workers, Administrators, Directors of Nursing, MDS Coordinators and Long Term Care professionals with a keen interest in Level IIs, QIDP, interview documentation and the Quality Measures as they relate to Long Term Care Social Workers.
- Review of Quality Measures
- Review of terminology
- Review of the 4 questions
- Identification and detailed review of QMs with Social Worker impact
- Review of resident interview documentation
- QIDP regulations
- Discussion of Level II
- Q/A session
Registration begins at 8:00 A.M. Seminar begins at 8:30 A.M. Extended break (30 min). Seminar concludes at 1:15 P.M.
All times are local.
Currently there are no scheduled dates. If you want to schedule a seminar for your organization, with CEUs, contact us.
PRESENTER: Melinda Cotton, BS, LSW, QIDP, and RAC-CT (3.0) has 29 years of healthcare experience from both the regulatory perspective (Medicaid Auditor for the State of Indiana) and the provider perspective (Director of Reimbursement, Reimbursement Specialist, Medicaid Reimbursement Specialist, and MDS Consultant providing Case Mix/CMI/MD/QM/Social Service expertise in several states). Ms. Cotton has extensive experience in reviewing and implementing positive change using the Quality Measures. Ms. Cotton graduated from Ball State University.
All registrants whose payment is processed more than five (5) business days prior to the training date will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrants will not receive a certificate until payment has been processed. If payment is not received ten (10) business days prior to the seminar, the certificate may not be presented at the seminar’s conclusion. If your payment is returned marked NSF, a processing fee will be charged as allowed by law.
- $75.00 (per person) (Early Group) Two or more registering at the same time and payment received 20 days prior to seminar date.
- $85.00 (Early Individual) Registration and payment received 20 days prior to seminar date.
- $100.00 (Regular) Individual registration
- $115.00 (Walk-in) Payment received at seminar. Credit card or cash payment only.
Administrators: This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards (NAB) and approved for 4.00 clock hours and 4.00 participant hours.
Licensed Social Workers: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886658942-2576) for 4 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
- Transfer registration to another person.
- Cancellations at least 10 business days before the event are refundable less a $25.00 administrative charge per registrant. There is no refund for cancellations received later.